Mission/Vision and Values Creation
Using her talents as a masterful group facilitator, Kristin can lead your team in creative exercises that guide you in creating your mission and vision statements and articulate the values that your organization stands for. Results of this experience will not only include strategic statements such as mission and vision, but also teamwork is built as a by-product of this process. Kristin works with you to create plans for embedding these important statements into your decision-making and your team’s daily life so the group truly lives its values and mission.
Invite Kristin Robertson to work by your side in preparing a strategic road-map for your technology organization. She can walk you and your leadership team through a variety of exercises that allows you to dream big while aligning plans with your organization’s mission, vision and values. Always the practical one, Kristin works behind the scenes to ensure that your projections are financially sound and supported by realistic data. The results you can expect are a visionary and realistic roadmap for achieving your organization’s highest ideals.
When contemplating organizational changes, it is best to consult with trusted partners to examine desired results, consider personalities involved, weigh probable outcomes and project possible negative consequences. In engaging Brio Leadership as your partner in this delicate planning process, you are assured of the benefits of a highly professional, experienced and wise point of view.
Process Alignment and Assessment
Kristin can help you assess your operational processes, compare them to best practices and create a development plan to align procedures with mission/vision/values and with industry standards. This can be especially helpful in post-merger situations in which harmonizing processes can create synergies across former organizational boundaries and reduce costs by streamlining operations.
Leading with Values:
An Organizational Culture Assessment and Leadership Development Program
It is widely accepted that the culture or climate of an organization, reflected in its operational values, behaviors and processes, is a major contributor to business sustainability and long-term profitability. In fact, 60-80% of shareholder value is based on intangibles, the most significant of which is corporate culture. Organizational leaders mold and model the culture’s values, and create either a positive or a hampered work culture. In a positive values-based work environment, employees’ hearts, minds and spirits are engaged in the organization’s purpose and vision, and they are liberated to bring their whole selves to work. Values-based leadership sets the stage for organizations to thrive.
Companies that develop values-based leadership to match the demands of the twenty-first century workplace are shown to have:
- Higher profitability
- Greater longevity as a viable enterprise
- Lower turnover rates among valued employees
- Engaged workers who are up to 10 times more productive than non-engaged workers
- More innovation and creativity in products, services and processes
The Brio Leadership team can help you attain many of these results through its Culture Assessment and Leadership Development engagement, which can follow these steps:
- Brio Leadership begins the engagement by conducting a Cultural Values Assessment from the Barrett Values Centre. This easy-to-administer and powerful assessment asks each person to identify his or her personal values, the current cultural values and desired cultural values. The Cultural Values Assessment measures the intangible aspects of organization culture, making them visible through many charts and graphs.
- To de-brief management and other work groups after the Cultural Values Assessment, we conduct a seminar to present the results and explore possible next steps to help the organization thrive.
- Together with the client, we identify next steps, which can include mission/vision/values statement definition or revision, a business assessment, facilitating a strategic direction planning session, and developing objectives and metrics that support the organization’s values.
- We create a customized program of training and one-on-one executive coaching in which we introduce new concepts and help people develop needed skills in their daily work lives.
- We conclude the engagement with a post-project re-assessment and report improvements as measured against the baseline.
For a complimentary Individual Values Assessment, please contact us at 817-577-7030 or complete our contact form.
Mergers and Acquisition Assistance
Up to 70% of mergers and acquisitions fail to create value as anticipated by the strategists of the transaction. Typically the cause of failure is the friction between the two company’s cultures. Without a plan to transform the culture into a wholly new one that represents the best of both companies, employees often fall prey to inter-fighting and domination by the acquiring entity.
How can you tell if two companies are a good fit for each other? Assessing the culture of the two companies as part of the due diligence process helps you view data that will predict the probability for success. The myriad charts and graphs that are produced from the Cultural Transformation Tools allows executives to analyze and measure how similar or dissimilar the cultures are. More importantly, the reports allow executives to identify the best values and create an implementation plan that includes cultural transformation. The newly formed entity can consciously create and instill core values that incorporate elements of both companies.
Brio Leadership can help you assess the cultures of the pre-merger organizations. For more information, call us today at 817-577-7030 or complete our contact form.